Hello and welcome to another #FancastFriday with Geeks of Color. So I know it’s been awhile since you’ve heard anything from me, but I’m back in the swing of things ready to deliver you more of the fancasts you all love so very much. This weeks fancast will be dedicated to one of my favorite tv shows right now and quite possibly my favorite DCTV show right now none other than the amazing Supergirl. Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers is honestly one of the most refreshing and fun portrayals of Superhero on tv right now. Supergirl as a show has so much potential to introduce iconic DC characters and new and exciting ways.
Anyone who has followed me for awhile will know that I’ve been a fan of Supergirl and a supporter of the show since it was initially rumored to be in development. I’ve loved the development of the characters and their relationships with each other as well as they way that they’ve managed to include some iconic DC and Superman heroes and villains. Supergirl in my opinion is quickly approaching the momentum required to knock The Flash off of its thrown as the best Superhero show on television. So let’s just jump right into it, here’s a list of characters I’d love to see appear on The Cw’s Supergirl:
1. Power Girl// Candice Accola-King– Ever since Supergirl’s first season I’ve thought it would be really cool to see Powergirl show up on the series. Now I know Powergirl is just an older version of Kara from another Earth which would mean that Melissa Benoist would be most likely to play her if or when she shows up, but I like the idea of Earth 2 Kara being played by a different actress. Perhaps on Earth 2 Kara’s parents looked different or were different people as opposed to Kara’s parents on Earth 38. With the Vampire Diaries quickly coming to an end and The CW’s love for reusing actors and actresses in other series I think none other than Candice Accola King would be the perfect choice to portray Earth 2 Kara.
2. Tanya “Powergirl” Spears// Amanda Stenberg– Wouldn’t it be cool if Tanya Spears was actually the Earth 38 Powergirl with a modified origin story of course. It would be a nice way to include the character and add some much needed diversity to Supergirl. Amanda Stenberg would make a fantastic Tanya, full of energy, charisma, and vibrance making her and the character a perfect fit.
3. Val “Superman” Zod// Sinqua Walls– as someone who wanted to see a Black Superman my entire life imagine my surprise and excitement when Val Zod showed up on the scene and it was revealed that he is also the Superman of his Earth. With Val also being from Earth 2 the same as Powergirl I think he’d make a good addition to the show. It would be great to see him and Earth 2 Kara arrive on Earth 38 together. Not to mention Sinqua has the charm to not only play Val Zod but Clark Kent as well.
4. Lex Luthor// Shemar Moore– Since the beginning of this season now DC has been named dropped on Supergirl more than Lex Luthor has. From the addition of his mother and his adoptive sister to Superman himself referring to Lex and his presence in prison. I’ve wanted to see a black actor tackle Lex Luthor for quite sometime now especially since for many of us the Justice League the Animated series Lex was black. Since we know for a fact on the show his mother is white wouldn’t it be interesting if Lionel Luthor was black resulting in a biracial Lex Luthor. I personally think Shemar Moore would be the perfect actor to portray Lex when he finally does make an appearance which we all know he will. Shemar’s voice coupled with his smooth and debonair personality would fit Lex perfectly. The thing about Lex is the man has as much charm as he has insanity and Shemar can definitely convey that.
5. Lois Lane// Aja Naomi King– You know what……this one doesn’t even need an explanation, however anyone whose has seen Aja on How to Get Away with Murder knows she’d be the perfect Lois. Lois has a very quick witted, on the spot, fiery sense of humor as well as a sarcastic tone at times. Aja would be perfect for a The CW’s Lois Lane.
7. Johnathan and Martha Kent// Bo Bridges and Margaret Avery– Since we’ve met Clark as well as both of Kara’s adoptive parents wouldn’t it be great if we finally got to meet the two people responsible for raising the Man of Steel, Ma and Pa Kent? Bo Bridges definitely has the Pa Kent aesthetic down to a science and if you watched last weeks episode of Blackish he’s definitely is capable of dropping Johnathan Kent levels of wisdom and knowledge. Most people will recognize Margaret Avery as Suge Avery from The Color Purple. Margaret is a fantastic actress and a perfect example of the old saying “Black don’t crack”. In many of the roles I’ve seen Margaret in shes played characters full of strength and life and capable of giving amazing wisdom. These two would be the perfect choices to play the foundation on which Superman’s humility and humbleness is built.
8. Diana “Wonder Woman” Prince// Gina Torres- As someone who is a huge fan of Wonder Woman it would be nothing short of a dream come true to see Wonder Woman appear on Supergirl for a least a 3 or 4 episode arc. We’ve got Superman existing on Earth 38 it would be amazing if Diana did as well. Wonder Woman is such an iconic character and with Linda Carter playing the President of Earth 38 it would be a nice little homage to see Earth 38’s Wonder Woman meet her. I chose Gina Torres to portray Diana because lets be real…..the woman is a real world Diana Prince. Not to mention Gina Torres as Wonder Woman is something that a lot of us have wanted to see for quite a few years. Gina Torres posses Diana’s passion, fierceness, beauty, grace, and presence all without even trying. I’m convinced she’s an Amazon because no mortal could ever be as flawlessly graceful as Gina.
9. Mari “Vixen” McCabe// Tracy Ifeachor– I’ve mentioned the CW’s love of reusing actors earlier which is why I’m totally surprised that Tracy wasn’t chosen to portray Vixen initially. I’ve always been adamant that as a dark skinned character Mari should be played by a dark skinned actress. From the moment I saw Tracy Ifeachor step on the screen in the Originals I knew this woman was a certified badass. Her fighting stunts seemed real, smooth, and flawless and I knew she’d slay as Mari. Earlier I toyed around with the idea that maybe some characters don’t look the same on other Earths, so what if Earth 38 Vixen looks nothing like Earth Primes Mari. What if this Mari is from the same family but a different parent?
10. Donna Troy// Marie Avgeropoulos– What can I say I’m anxious to have the Amazons make themselves known in the CW verse. I’ve watched Marie on the CW series The 100 and let me tell you she’s quite the badass. Just like Tracy Ifeachor, Marie’s fight scenes are smooth and fantastic. She’s fully capable of carrying her own and making you believe her as an Amazon. It would be nice to have a character like Donna Troy appear on Supergirl.
11. Amanda “The Wall” Waller// Lorraine Toussaint– One of the biggest mistakes The CW EVER made was killing off Amanda Waller on Arrow, well I’m here to rectify that. The DC universe will always need an Amanda Waller be it comics, cartoons, tv shows, and movies there must ALWAYS be a Waller to slither around in the shadows and shape the world. This is one of those castings that I wouldn’t mind seeing on any of the CW shows, but with Cadmus being a major fixture on Supergirl’s Earth I’d love nothing more than for Amanda Waller to step out of the shadows and emerge as the new head of Cadmus. What if on Earth Prime the Amanda Waller that was lost wasn’t the Waller we know from the comics, but instead….she was her daughter from a 2nd marriage. What if Mama Waller emerges from the shadows after the death of another child to give the CW verse HELL?!? What if on Earth 38 Mama Waller has always and will always be the only Waller. What if she’s been the head of Cadmus all along. When I think of Amanda Waller I can’t help but think of Lorraine Toussaint! Toussaint has over the years been a force to be reckoned with in roles that show she can handle being tougher than steel, meaner than a junkyard dog, and more intimidating than The Batman himself. No one gives an angry stare like Lorraine.
12. Zatanna// Kat Graham– I’ve made no secret about my love of Kat Graham and her acting abilities so it’s only right that I’d wanna see her play one of my favorite characters. With the Vampire Diaries coming to an end it would be perfect timing to include Kat in season 3 of Supergirl. I’ve been pretty vocal on my personal page about being a true lover of the magical side of DC comics and the character Zatanna. I’d love to see magic introduced on Earth 38 via everyone’s favorite backwards speaking sorceress. Kat is a force and a talent and Supergirl would be all the better for enlisting her to join the cast.
13. Koriand’r “Starfire”// Lindsey Morgan- For so many of us Starfire is such an iconic character and a main staple of the Teen Titans team. Starfire is one of those unique characters in comics that in my opinion completely owns her sexuality and her body because she’s from a planet and a culture that doesn’t shame or be little because of sex or the body. On Tamaran the people wear a lot less and care a lot less too. I definitely think a sexually liberated and comfortable Starfire could work wonders on the show in showing Kara that it’s okay to own your sexuality and be comfortable in your body. That it’s okay to not always be this image of what everyone thinks you are and should be, that you don’t always have to be buttoned up and put together it’s perfectly fine to be sexy and feel sexy for yourself and your own empowerment and everyone’s opinion on it be damned. I’d love to see Kara learning from Kori that you can be sexy, beautiful, powerful, confident, and strong all for yourself. Lindsey Morgan from The CW series The 100 would be absolutely astounding as Starfire because Lindsey is good at playing strong, charismatic, self sufficient characters capable of more than holding their own and kicking some ass.
14. Giganta// Meghan Ory– I think Giganta would be a perfect fit for the Supergirl show especially if Wonder Woman also appears. Giganta could actually be the villain that draws Diana to National City causing a partnership between Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Giganta would also present the opportunity for some pretty cool effects and battles between The Last Daughter of Krypton, The Amazon Princess, and The Last Son of Mars. I’ve been a fan of Meghan Ory since seeing her on Once Upon a Time as Ruby she has the ability to play a badass and be vulnerable all at the same time. I think it would be pretty dope to see Giganta handled as a vulnerable badass on a search for revenge against Wonder Womanz
15. Louise “Killer Frost” Lincoln// Genevieve Cortese– I’ve made it pretty clear before that the Louise Lincoln version of Killer Frost will always be the version that I think The Flash should’ve used, but since we have Caitlyn Snow and Danielle Panabaker wouldn’t it be interesting if Earth 38’s Killer Frost was Louise. What if on Earth 38 Caitlyn Snow was never even meant to be Killer Frost and instead we get Louise Lincoln? This version of Killer Frost could be a former lab assistant turned career criminal when an experiment goes wrong granting her superhuman Ice based powers. I think it would be pretty cool to see Killer Frost, Livewire, Silver Banshee, and Giganta sort of form a new Rogues Gallery team against Supergirl. Genevieve as an actor usually gets cast as the badgirl on shows she’s usually pretty tough and pretty kick ass.